Wedding, a bond of friendship between two people, a long-lasting relation in which they fulfill their vows, a journey towards the creation of a new family. That’s the meaning of wedding for the individuals getting married. For those who are attending, it’s entirely a different story.
- Wedding, for families it’s a trade.
- For a girl’s family: A trade of goods (furniture, appliances, etc) and their daughter. In return they are promised a happy life for their daughter.
- For a boy’s family: A trade of bringing home a maid.
- Wedding, for aunties, it’s a time for match-making.
- Wedding, for unmarried girls: A time to dress-up.
- Wedding, for unmarried boys: An opportunity to stare at girls.
- Wedding, for others: A wedding hall is a place where they get to fill their empty stomachs.
- Wedding, for me: Something I’ll skip attending. I’ll prefer staying at home instead.
Reasons why I don’t like attending Weddings:
Because I have nothing to wear:
Because I don’t like the vulgarity:
Because I am not photogenic:
Because I have to stay seated for hours:
Because I always return empty stomach:
Because I don’t like the aunties:
Because I hate tears:
Because Pakistani weddings are not normal: